Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Angels Home opener

It was a great day at the Anaheim Angels home opener (despite their 5-9 loss to Oakland). We got there about an hour before game time in section 347 Club Level, front row...woot woot!! Compared to opening day for the Dodgers last week there was less pomp and circumstance for the Angels for a couple of reasons: it wasn't the "official" opening day of baseball, and the Angels didn't have new owners nor stadium improvements to show off this year. Not saying it was a bad thing, but I had higher expectations for my first Angels Opener. The gentleman who sang the National Anthem was the best I heard ANYONE sing the song, no fancy octave changes nor the unnecessary use of vibrato...I hear to many of that as it is. The fly by was amazing! It was difficult to tell but it looked like a group of Wildcats (I am probably incorrect because Wildcats and Hellcats are mostly single-seaters and the ones I saw looked to be double) from Chino airbase most likely. C.J Wilson had a rough start at the beginning giving up 4 runs, but after 2 innings he found his grove and was playing very well. Unfortunately the rest of the Angels pitchers that night couldn't hold the +1 lead and eventually lost out in the 7th. To make matters worse, I just heard my pitcher, Weaver, is on the DL list for a small fracture in his arm. He is said to come back mid-May, but still a full month into the season is a long time to see a star pitcher on the mound. No matter what happened during the game, I still look forward to the baseball season for the Angels. I just hope they work on one thing they always have trouble on: Men Left On Base (LOB)!!!!! Their percentage was awful...but oh well. See you at the next game!! (Or if I have photos to update by then I will be updating soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment